When it comes to breakfast, often having something pre-prepared is easier than trying to make something before you head out the door each morning. Unfortunately many of the pre-prepared options are full of sugars that will spike your blood sugar and within a couple of hours you will start to feel hungry again.
That is why I love this granola, it not only tastes delicious but it won't spike your blood sugars as it is free from grains and the sweetener used in this recipe is stevia which doesn't contain any sugars. Stevia comes from the stevia plant that is dried and crushed into a powder.
The addition of protein powder along with the nuts and seeds help you feel satiated and energised throughout the day. With the addition of Cacao powder you will be getting a great dose of antioxidants, iron and magnesium. So if you are looking for a way to stop those hunger pangs hitting mid-morning and a delicious way to start the day, then this recipe is for you.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup of pecan nuts
- 1 cup dried shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin/sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup Natava Superfoods Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup Natava Superfoods Whey protein
- 2 tsp stevia powder*
- 2 tbsp Natava Superfoods Cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Natava Superfoods Coconut Oil(melted)
- Preheat oven to 150C/ 300F
- In a food processor or high speed blender roughly shop your nuts.
- Then mix in all your other ingredients, and be sure your mixture is well coated with oil.
- Pour into a baking tray and place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes.
*if you don't like Stevia you can replace with 2 tbsp of honey or maple syrup