About This Product
Natava SuperFoods Black Chia Seeds are Certified Organic and packed with protein. Chia is a small seed which was eaten by the Aztecs and is known for its durability. The Aztec's called it the 'running food' as they would carry it in a small pouch and take the equivalent of one teaspoon which would give them enough energy to march for 24 hours.
Health Benefits of Black Chia Seeds:
- Great source of protein and energy which can sustain you throughout the day.
- Antioxidants which mean they can help to create a strong immune system and help to stop damage done by free radicals therefore helping your body to prevent degenerative diseases and conditions associated with old age.
- Boron which is a trace mineral that helps transfer calcium into your bones aiding your body in maintaining bone health and strength.
- Iron which can help to alleviate symptoms of anaemia.
- Potassium, so they can also help to maintain a healthy heart.
- Omega-3 and omega-6, which are essential fatty acids and improve brain function, along with being good forms of fats which help our bodies to function optimally and are especially important for our hearts.
- Chia seeds also have benefits of balancing out your electrolytes.
- Chia seeds are said to improve vitality due to their high levels of antioxidants and content of essential minerals and can help aid weight loss as they give you a feeling of fullness as they swell up inside your stomach.
- Finally they are a great food for people with diabetes as it slowly converts carbohydrates to sugars.
How to use Black Chia Seeds:
Chia has many uses and can be simply sprinkled onto a yoghurt, muesli, salad, stir fry, curry, or you can add it your smoothie, a juice or simply put in your water bottle and sip it through out the day to get a constant stream of energy. They are versatile so can be added to almost any dish to get more nutrition into your diet.
**Serving/pack is based on 1kg Variant**